Alicia Huey Seeks Certification as Candidate for NAHB 2020 Third Vice Chair

Filed in Councils & Committees, Leadership by on September 7, 2018 10 Comments

The NAHB Nominations Committee has announced that Alicia Huey, president of AGH Homes Inc. in Birmingham, Ala., submitted her letter of intent to seek certification as a candidate for NAHB 2020 Third Vice Chairman at the 2019 International Builders’ Show meetings. She is a member of the Greater Birmingham Association of Home Builders.

The Nominations Committee invites all interested parties to submit input on any concerns, comments or perceived challenges involved in certifying her as a candidate. All information needs to be submitted no later than Thursday, Dec. 20, 2018.

The committee will not consider any information submitted on an anonymous basis.

Any such comments or concerns should be submitted via email to the Nominations Committee staff liaison, Diane Djordjevic, or by postal mail:

Diane E. Djordjevic
VP & Deputy General Counsel
NAHB
1201 15th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20005

Tags:

1. Alicia is an amazing, “get it done” person and the type of leader we should be nominating. She is not only open to new ideas but knows how to turn them into reality. Thank you for putting yourself out there Alicia and for all you do to support our industry.

2. Linda Hebert says:

I, for one, am in full support of Alicia Huey and her run for 2020 Third Vice Chair. She is a dedicated, hard working builder member that has supported the NAHB agenda for many years. She understands the needs of its members and the importance of advocacy for building industry interests for the good of the economy and the country. She will provide a welcomed diversity on the leadership team and will work well with our elected representation to get things done.

3. We are extremely excited to see that Alicia will be seeking certification as candidate for NAHB 2020 Third Vice Chair. She is a dedicated member and true asset to our local association. We know she will do well, if elected.

4. Kyle Murphy says:

Alicia is a true leader!She is the sole reason I got involved in my local. I still remember the day she called me and asked me to get involved and how much it would benifit me. She was right! I got involved at the NAHB level because her also. I can not wait for her to “officially” be a leader at NAHB. We are lucky to have her.

5. Terri Everhart says:

I’m thrilled to know Alicia is a candidate for 2020 Third Vice Chair. Fantastic news! Alicia’s strong leadership, sincere passion and positive energy for our building industry is impressive. She’ll continue to do great things for NAHB and our members. Alicia’s contagious smile is an added bonus to her caring and outgoing personality. I support Alicia 100%.

6. Judy Dinelle says:

Alicia has been a mentor to many for years she is a great leader and will be for NAHB. She is very dedicated to our industry and truly has a passion for building with knowledgeable workings of the Home Builders Association. Alicia will bring her understanding of advocacy, industry needs, and member wants to the federation. She will bring some new dimensions to NAHB including the much needed diversity.

7. Kelley Ouzts says:

This Lady is most deserving of this Certification. Quite the Professional, and will bring a perspective to that Chair, as only an Associate Member turned Builder Member could.

8. Thank you Alicia for wanting to continue your excellent efforts in the direction as a candidate for NAHB Third Chair!
    You are a role model for us all as you have accepted committee and council participation and leadership too!

Thank you for being a positive producer! You are a winner who can and will continue to make a positive difference for our industry as the abovementioned notable professionals have noted! I echo their sentiments!

ONwards and UPwards!

9. Christy Beck says:

Thrilled to support Alicia as a candidate. In the short time I have known her is she a consummate professional, and will be a great leader along side the elected representation to get things done for the federation.

10. I am very happy to hear that Alicia has decided to seek the position as 3rd Vice Chair of NAHB. At the Board Meeting in Portland, I saw her and asked if she was considering the position, and she said that she was thinking about it. Naturally, I encouraged her to do so. Although I do not know her well, I have observed her in action over the last three years since I became involved, and have been very impressed. She works hard, communicates very well, and is an asset to our organization.