Even as home builders await the publication this fall of the 2018 model building codes, the International Code Council (ICC) has announced its Call for Code Development Committee members for the 2018/2019 cycles.
For the 2018 Group A Cycle, members of these committees will meet:
- International Building Code – Means of Egress
- International Building Code – Fire Safety
- International Building Code – General
- International Fire Code & International Wildland Urban Interface Code
- International Fuel Gas Code
- International Mechanical Code
- International Plumbing Codes & International Private Sewage Disposal Code
- International Residential Code – Mechanical & Plumbing
- International Property Maintenance Code & Zoning Code
The 2018 Committee Action Hearings will take place in Columbus, Ohio, April 15-25, 2018.
For the 2019 Group B Cycle, members of these committees will meet:
- Administrative Codes
- International Building Code – Structural
- International Existing Building Code – Non Structural
- International Energy Conservation Code – Commercial
- International Energy Conservation Code – Residential
- International Residential Code – Energy
- International Residential Code – Building
- International Green Construction Code
The 2019 Committee Action Hearings ( will take place in Albuquerque, New Mexico, April 28-May 8, 2019.
If you want to represent NAHB on an ICC Code Development Committee, please email your completed application to Neil Burning by March 31. To download the applications and get more information, visit ICC’s website.